Tag: home

Hispanic Homeownership is on the Rise

"His­pan­ics are expe­ri­enc­ing the largest home­own­er­ship gains of any eth­nic group in the U.S., a turn­around for the pop­u­la­tion hard­est hit by the hous­ing bust that could help buoy the mar­ket for years, reports The Wall Street Jour­nal."

Real Estate Agents to Promote The Stress-Reducing Aspect of Their Services to Home Sellers

"A recent online sur­vey con­duct­ed by Ipsos on behalf of Zil­low reveals that more than three quar­ters of Amer­i­cans who have sold a home in the past three years say the expe­ri­ence of sell­ing was stress­ful for them (77%) — behind only going through a rela­tion­ship breakup (78%). Sell­ing a home is rat­ed as being more stress­ful than buy­ing a new home (72%), plan­ning a wed­ding (60%), get­ting fired (58%), becom­ing a par­ent (58%), teach­ing a teenag­er to dri­ve (53%) and pot­ty train­ing a child (47%)."

Homeowners Insurance Sellers to Boost Sales Through Educational Advertising

"If you're get­ting a mort­gage for your new home, your lender will require home­own­ers insur­ance, says Con­sumer Reports. And even if you're among the rare home buy­ers pur­chas­ing with­out a mort­gage, you still should get home­own­ers insur­ance to pro­tect against cost­ly per­ils like fire and wind dam­age."

Builders to Promote Walk-in Pantries and Granite Countertops

A nation­al sur­vey com­mis­sioned by Erie Insur­ance found that more than half of U.S. home­own­ers (53%) are hap­py with the fea­tures they chose for their homes, but the rest (47%) regret one or more of the fea­tures they chose.

Landscapers and Retailers to Promote Insect-Reduction Products and Services

"More peo­ple are becom­ing ill with dis­eases car­ried by ticks and mos­qui­toes, bit­ing pests that arrive with warmer weath­er, says Con­sumer Reports. The annu­al num­ber of these infec­tions, such as Lyme dis­ease and West Nile virus, report­ed to the Cen­ters for Dis­ease Con­trol and Pre­ven­tion more than tripled between 2004 and 2016 in the U.S. But before you spray your yard with pes­ti­cides, opt for effec­tive yet less dras­tic meth­ods."

Realtors to Target the 59% of Gen Zers Who Want to Buy Houses

"Gen­er­a­tion Z is eager to get on the prop­er­ty lad­der. Fifty-nine per­cent of Amer­i­cans between the ages of 18 and 23 want to buy a house in the next five years, and more than half have already start­ed sav­ing for one, accord­ing to a sur­vey by Bank of Amer­i­ca Corp."

Mortgage Brokers can Guide Homeowners Through Confusing Processes

"After climb­ing for much of 2018, mort­gage rates have been falling since the begin­ning of the year. The aver­age mort­gage APR (annu­al per­cent­age rate) was recent­ly at 4.28%, accord­ing to Fred­die Mac, com­pared to a high of 5% in 2018. But just because rates are down doesn't mean you're get­ting a good deal, says Con­sumer Reports."

Retailers to Promote Products to Keep Children Away from Household Dangers

"Of the more than two mil­lion calls to U.S. poi­son con­trol cen­ters in 2017, 45% con­cerned kids 6 and younger, accord­ing to the lat­est data from the Amer­i­can Asso­ci­a­tion of Poi­son Con­trol Cen­ters (AAPCC)."

Most Americans Would Rather Remodel Their Home than Buy a New One

Across the coun­try, peo­ple are large­ly hap­py with their cur­rent homes, and would rather stay in them and make updates than move. The lat­est Zil­low Hous­ing Aspi­ra­tions Report finds that 76% of Amer­i­cans would rather use a set amount of mon­ey to upgrade their home to meet their needs instead of as a down pay­ment on a new home.

Home Security Customers Buying More Remote-Control Cameras and Automated Window Treatments

Joseph Gian­none Plumb­ing, Heat­ing & Air Con­di­tion­ing, a family-owned home ser­vice com­pa­ny with an A+ rat­ing by the BBB, rec­om­mends uti­liz­ing smart home automa­tion fea­tures before leav­ing for vaca­tion. Own­er Joseph Gian­none says, "When the home is left vacant, util­i­ties and over­all secu­ri­ty can remain a con­cern. For­tu­nate­ly, smart home tech­nol­o­gy con­tin­ues to advance and can pro­vide real solu­tions for to put vaca­tion­ers at ease."

Water-Related Property Damage Concerns 73% Of Homeowners

A new study from Chubb finds that while home­own­ers are near­ly unan­i­mous (90%) in say­ing they are "vig­i­lant" or do an "okay job" at home main­te­nance, their respons­es tell a dif­fer­ent sto­ry when it comes to water dam­age pre­ven­tion, the num­ber one cause of property-related claims.

Realtors to Tout Their Luxury Home Listings

Lux­u­ry home sales con­tin­ued their record-breaking pace in July, as prices hit dou­ble dig­it gains in 19 major mar­kets, accord­ing to the Real​tor​.com 2018 Lux­u­ry Home Index. Addi­tion­al­ly, the num­ber of sales at or above the $1 mil­lion mark rose 13% over last year.

1 2