There are few bright spots in the housing market these days but spring is the traditional time for homeowners to list properties and for real estate agents to roll out ad campaigns. The recently released Pew Research Center Social & Demographic Trends survey shows that properly marketed homes in the suburbs could have an edge.
Even though consumers imagine they would be happier living in a small town, they give suburban life the highest grades in several categories. Here's a list of quality of life features that consumers rate as being better or equal to all other locations when it comes to the suburbs:
- Cost of living is excellent or good 52%
- It is the best place to raise children 86%
- Opportunity for recreational and outdoor activities is excellent or good 80%
- Shopping opportunities are excellent or good 78%
- Social opportunities are excellent or good 74%
Read the rest of the survey which outlines the demographics of who prefers to live where and share this data with your real estate clients as you prepare the promotional materials for this season's home selling campaigns.[Source: Suburbs Not Most Popular, But Suburbanites Most Content, Pew Research Center, 2.26.2009]