Barry Shawgo, Sr. Vice President of Sales for SalesFuel, presents the 2015 NSAC AdMall Best Use of Marketing Research Award trophy and $1,000 check to the student team from the University of Oregon. (Photo by Scott Van Osdol.) AdMall is one of four research partners for the American Advertising Federation's National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC).
National Student Advertising Competition Awards
The NSAC is designed to give college students a near real-world experience of planning and creating an integrated communications campaign for a real client. AdMall for Agencies provides industry data and insights to all competing teams.
AdMall also provides the Best Use of Marketing Research award to one collegiate team each year. Teams are judged by NSAC judges for their use of marketing research from any source in the development of the campaign. The winning team receives a unique glass trophy and a $1,000 grant for their collegiate ad club.
“We're proud to partner on the Best Use of Marketing Research award because students learn that a deep understanding of consumer behavior is critical before they can begin to influence it through advertising and marketing,” said C. Lee Smith, president and CEO of SalesFuel. “As a former NSAC participant (Ohio University, 1988), I know how great this competition is – there’s really nothing like creating a real campaign for a real client,” Smith said.
Marketing Research Award Winners:
- 2017: Grand Valley State University (Tai Pei campaign)
- 2016: University of Virginia (Dr Pepper/Snapple campaign)
- 2015: University of Oregon (Pizza Hut campaign)
- 2014: University of Texas at Austin (Mary Kay campaign)
- 2013: University of Miami (Glidden campaign)
- 2012: University of Miami (Nissan campaign)
- 2011: University of Virginia (JCPenney campaign)
- 2010: George Washington University (State Farm campaign)