Charles Bailes IV is a 4th generation family member and a top executive running a 9‑figure family-owned business. As VP of Human Resources and Internal Distribution of ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, he oversees 126 stores in Florida and over 1,600 employees.
He is a husband, a dad of three, an executive, an entrepreneur, a CrossFitter, a health nut and a lover of going to bed at 8 p.m. – all in that order. He loves meeting new people and having meaningful conversations. His main goal is to inspire others to act to help themselves.
He is passionate about sharing his knowledge and expertise on running a family business, crisis management, succession planning .
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Charlie discuss:
- How sales managers can grow and scale up with Charlie’s best practices
- Sales in retail sector and how to manage sales in that space
- Challenges of managing family businesses
- What he looks for in a sales manager and sales reps
"Money does not grow on trees. If somebody wants to see the financials we show it to them and we are going to put classes together in our online learning system that explain what growth profit is."Charlie Bailes
Connect with Charlie Bailes:
- Website: charliebailes.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-bailes-2b6b30174/
- Twitter: @cebailes
Build Credibility and Effective Leadership with the Manage Smarter Show:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: https://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Latest posts by C. Lee Smith (see all)
- Manage Smarter 201 — Lee Salz: How You Can Sell Different — May 8, 2022
- Manage Smarter 200 — Robin Hills: Emotional Intelligence for Managers — April 24, 2022
- How to Hire Top Sales Reps, Boost Productivity and Retain Them During the "Great Resignation" — April 22, 2022
- Manage Smarter 199 — Jonathan Brill: Ride the Rogue Wave Into the Future — April 10, 2022
- Manage Smarter 198 — Carol Kaemmerer: Updating Your LinkedIn Profile to Boost Credibility — April 3, 2022