Manage Smarter 50: The Money Map Every Manager Should Show Employees
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Michael discuss:
- The definition of The Money Map and why every manager should show this to their employees
- How to get employees to understand where their salaries come from
- How to identify and hire a “hustle” mentality
- Hiring tips/exercises for rooting out good employees to represent your organization
- The unique concept of a Two-Division Company (Sales and Sales Support)
“We had to pay our bills, and with what was left, we used that to pay the salaries. All of the sudden they went, wow! It was clear. There was no question how the money got to them and they could also see their job in the context of the map.“
– Michael Houlihan
The next episode will be a “Best of” episode on December 30, 2018 for heading into the new year with a winning attitude. Season 2 of the Manage Smarter podcast launches with several great new episodes starting on Sunday January 6, 2019.
Downloadable Bonus Content:
Connect with Michael Houlihan:
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you’ll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C-Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts