Cy Wakeman is a drama researcher, global thought-leader, and New York Times best-selling author who is recognized for cultivating a counter-intuitive, reality-based approach to leadership. Backed by 20 years of unparalleled experience, Wakeman’s philosophy offers a new lens through which employees and executives alike, can shift their attention inward, sharpen their focus on personal accountability, and uncover their natural state of innovation simply by ditching the drama.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Cy discuss:
- Cy's definition of drama, and the effects on the workplace
- Acceptable ways to react to drama that has been created
- How to hire low drama employees
- How you and your team can become self-aware
- Is it ok to treat high performers differently than low performers?
- Bring your most evolved self to work daily
- Drama is a productivity killer
- Show empathy to other employees but then give them a call to greatness
- Ditch the ego, stop judging and start helping
"Engagement without accountability creates entitlement." — Cy Wakeman
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Cy Wakeman:
- Twitter: @CyWakeman
- Facebook: /CyWakeman
- Website: http://www.realitybasedleadership.com
- ￼Email: email@example.com
- ￼LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/cywakeman/ ￼
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
- ￼LinkedIn:Audrey Strong
- ￼LinkedIn:C. Lee Smith ￼
Connect with SalesFuel:
- ￼Twitter: @SalesFuel