Sell Smarter — Episode 20 — Smarter Pre-call Research
It’s much harder to close if you don’t ask smart questions early in the sales process. But before you make that discovery call, you need to do some homework.
I’m C. Lee Smith and this is Sell Smarter.
Here’s two examples of simple pre-call research:
What Issues are Other Companies Like Theirs Facing?
Most business trends are really two-edged swords. They’re either opportunities or challenges to their bottom line. So, make sure you’re up-to-date with your category knowledge. This allows you to ask how current and predicted trends impact their business — and how they compare with others in their industry.
What are their Customers Saying About Them?
Most consumer-facing businesses have ratings and reviews all over social media. Just about every kind of medical and legal provider has them too. Check them out. Look to see if a problem that needs solving is noticable to end customers. Don’t just look at the ratings, read the reviews.
Want more great insights? Get them every day at SalesFuel.com and the SalesFuel mobile app.
Latest posts by Rachel Cagle (see all)
- Home Audio Retailers to Promote Soundbars — October 16, 2019
- Doctors to Promote Diabetes Screenings to Minority Groups — October 15, 2019
- Avoid this Embarrassing Sales Email Editing Mistake — October 14, 2019
- Wireless Headphone Retailers to Target Tech-Savvy Consumers — October 14, 2019
- Toy Stores to Promote Toy Supercategories to Grandparents — October 11, 2019