Accountability: How do you get it from your people and how can you actually transfer the responsibility for it onto your teams and make them WANT to give it to you?
Cy Wakeman is a drama researcher, global thought-leader, and New York Times best-selling author who is recognized for cultivating a counter-intuitive, reality-based approach to leadership. As a highly sought-after conference headliner, Cy Wakeman holds a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speaker’s Association, placing her within the top 3% of speakers. She’s a regular contributor on Forbes.com, Success.com, The Huffington Post, and Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Cy discuss:
- Definition of accountability by “high accountable” professionals surveyed
- How to make it a built-in expectation of the job for your team members
- If someone isn’t bought in, how to you hold them accountable? At what point managers are too far down the road of lack of accountability in troubled work relationships
- How to “flip” the conversation narrative to get accountability buy-in
"To show up to work is to buy-in. High accountables say that it didn’t start or end with ownership. It started with commitment, a mindset."- Cy Wakeman
Connect with Cy Wakeman:
- Website: http://www.realitybasedleadership.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CyWakeman
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cywakeman
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cywakeman/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cywakeman
Build Credibility and Effective Leadership with the Manage Smarter Show:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: https://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts.